Antonio Conte has acknowledged that he may be limited in his ability to keep Victor Osimhen at the club due to "prior agreements."
Antonio Conte has acknowledged that he may not have full control over keeping Victor Osimhen at the club due to "previous agreements." Osimhen's future at Stadio Diego Armando Maradona is up in the air as the forward is eager to leave Naples after four years with the team. Despite interest from other clubs, there has been hesitation to meet the reported €120 million release clause in Osimhen's new contract signed in December 2022.
Recent reports from Italy indicate that Napoli may be open to accepting a transfer fee below the striker's release clause. It is rumored that the adjusted asking price is around €100 million (£85 million) in order to fulfill the wishes of the Nigerian international and assist in the club's rebuilding process.
During his presentation, Conte acknowledged that keeping the "top player" Osimhen may be beyond his control.
"As for Osimhen, just as I was well informed about the situations of Kvara, Di Lorenzo, Anguissa, Lobotka, on whom I had complete authority, I am also well aware of the Osimhen situation," stated Napoli's new manager regarding the Nigerian.
"I am aware that there are existing agreements with the club, and it is a situation that I will respect. While I acknowledge the player's talent, I am unable to comment further on Osimhen due to these prior agreements."
)
0 comments:
Post a Comment