"I hold a UEFA Pro license" - Former Real Madrid player and AFCON champion is eager to take on the role of head coach for the Nigeria national team.

 Mutiu Adepoju has spent three years with Real Madrid, scoring 27 goals in 67 games for the Real Madrid B team and winning the Segunda División B title. He completed his UEFA Pro Coaching Licence program and has since taken a coaching job in Nigeria.

He was named the head coach of the Flying Eagles at the FIFA U-20 World Cup in Saudi Arabia and left a positive impression. Mutiu Adepoju indicated his willingness to potentially take on the vacant coaching position for the Super Eagles of Nigeria in a podcast.


During the Managing Madrid podcast, Adepoju mentioned, "We had some fantastic players in the Castilla team who are now successful coaches, but we didn't recognize their potential at the time."
"I hold a UEFA Pro license and I am open to any coaching opportunities that may arise. I have previous experience coaching Shooting Stars in Nigeria, although I have not coached since then. I am willing and prepared to take on the Super Eagles coaching job if given the opportunity."

Adepoju achieved success with the Super Eagles by winning the AFCON tournament in 1994 and had a successful tenure with the Nigerian national team. Following his time at Real Madrid, where he spent the majority of his career, Adepoju played for Racing Santander and Real Sociedad in Spain. He also had a short period with Al-Ittihad in Saudi Arabia before moving to Turkey to play for Samsunspor.

Share on Google Plus

About Sport Pulse

SportPlus is a passionate team of sports journalists dedicated to delivering the most up-to-date and engaging sports news to fans around the world. We believe that everyone deserves access to reliable and exciting sports content, and we strive to be your go-to source for all things sports.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Sport Pulse NG | bulit By David Aji